We are excited to be welcoming you back!
As we prepare to reopen our YMCAs, we want to assure you that safety remains our top priority.
For the safety of all members and staff, several changes or restrictions will be implemented upon reopening. One of the restrictions we must follow is to limit our occupancy to 50% and maintain social distancing. In order for us to ensure we can manage this, we have decided to limit some services. We understand that some of you only use our facilities for these services and we hope to offer them very soon. By limiting o% occupancy and social distancing guidance from the State and CDC.
Once we are confident we can meet these restrictions and provide a safe environment for Staff and Members, we will move to a Phase Two with fewer restrictions. While we do not currently have a time frame, we anticipate that as soon as we can continuously meet the guidelines, we will open up additional sercies including pools and Childwatch.
PHASE ONE RESTRICTIONS
- Members must maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance.
- Members must sign a release waiver. Click Here to Sign.
- All staff will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility.
- Staff will be wearing masks. Gloves may be required for certain job duties or tasks.
- Masks are recommended for all members while moving through the facility and not working out. Please help ensure the safety of our staff and other members.
- The maximum number of people in any area will be limited to 50% of room capacity.
- Time may be limited on all cardio equipment.
- Only every other cardio equipment will be used or spaced 6ft apart.
- Members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Members should wash hands before and after working out with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Or use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Group exercise classes will have limited attendance and participants must register.
- No classes for Active Older Adults. (Silver sneakers or other Senior Citizen classes.)
- No basketball, No pickleball, No programs in the Gymnasium, No racquetball court use.
- Indoor pool and Childwatch will not reopen (They will open in Phase 2)
- Locker rooms and showers will be open, maintain social distancing.
- Coffee will not be available.
- No guests will be permitted. Facility use will only be for members.
- No Nationwide members will be permitted.
- No use of saunas, steam rooms or whirlpool/hot tub, as a minimum safe distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained.
- Check your branch for changes in operating hours.
While we are excited for your return, we understand that you may not be ready to visit the Y yet. We will continue offering virtual resources and ‘Stay Healthy at Home’ exercises so you get the most out of your membership. We will also continue outdoor group exercise classes.
We will continue to review guidelines regularly to meet federal, state and local requirements. Please stay alert for email, social media and website updates related to opening dates, adjusted hours or changes to our restrictions.
Please be patient and understanding as we slowly reopen and implement new procedures and restriction to ensure the safety of our staff and members.
We hope to see you all soon!